Monday 10 June 2013

Creme Chantilly

I love to bake, it feels always a little bit like making magic to me. The easier the recipe, the more I really like it, but I always try to do new things, I'm not the one who sticks always with the same sweets. I like to experiment and this means, that not everytime I try something, it turns out like I excepted.

Like this time, it was perfectly delicious, but it wasn't like excepted.
The plan was to make a stiff cream and put it in between the puff pastry cookies. Since the cream wasn't stiff in the end, this doesn't worked, but we all liked it and the fresh strawberrys where delightful.








The cookies where really easy to make. Cutting puff pastry in stripes, making some holes with a fork and sprinkle with sugar. Put them for about 5 to 10 minutes in the oven at 220 degree and they are ready to eat.

The cream I made like this, mixed 2 egg yolk with 65 gramm sugar and then stirred in some flour and the grated peel of a lemon.
Warmed up 2 deciliter of milk and mixed all together in the cooking pan and bring to boil for some short minutes until it becomes stiff. Let it cool down.
Then whip 3 deciliter of cream until it is stiff.
Mix it all together and put it to cool down for a while in the fridge.

Served with fresh fruits, it is really a very delicious dessert. I can imagine to make this creme again. If now finally is coming the hot summertime I will also try to put this creme in my icecream machine and then servve it with fresh fruits!







Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I love trying out new food and recipes. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but sometimes you discover something amazing. It's good when something still tastes good even if it's not what you were expecting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all, I'm so happy about your comments and that you let me feel the love.
Feel free to communicate with me in english, german, italian and soon french!
Thank to all of you kind and lovely souls out there.

Eos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...